A little rebuke
Ok, I let class roll over about 5 minutes today. I was hoping that it would have been done in about 5 minutes (when I checked my clock I had time). The unfortunate part was it seemed that there was a high element of brain-deadness. It all would have gone faster if people actually spent the time reviewing their notes before class so that the discussion could flow just a little bit more.
I mean the last things we were doing were things you were already tested on: movements of IS curve. Also the markets for foreign exchange should be second nature at this point. You should know this stuff. It should never have taken 10 minutes to make that fiscal policy argument. I tried to get a little interaction and I get blank stares.
I could have ended it right at 1:10 but I clearly would have ended abruptly and untimely and, well, given I wear my emotions on my sleeve, in a huff.
Please, do your part to at least ACT like you're interested. I warned you early on that this is a nerdy course. That does not excuse you. The fact that you remained in the course should say you enjoy such nerdy things.
Wonder why I haven't thrown any bones lately? (That is, participation credit activities?) Because I've already well gauged that component. BTW, for many of you attendance has been horrible. And there is a bit too much playing with the cell phones. If I must remind you, cell phone use in class is prohibited. I do find it very insulting when you play with your cell phones in class. I also can conclude that when you play with your cell phone in class you are NOT engaged in "participation" and I can and will hold that against you.
The semester is almost over people, but there is still much to discuss. I'm going to finish strong whether you do or not.
I felt something had to be said. So I said it.
My two cents.
Jack
I mean the last things we were doing were things you were already tested on: movements of IS curve. Also the markets for foreign exchange should be second nature at this point. You should know this stuff. It should never have taken 10 minutes to make that fiscal policy argument. I tried to get a little interaction and I get blank stares.
I could have ended it right at 1:10 but I clearly would have ended abruptly and untimely and, well, given I wear my emotions on my sleeve, in a huff.
Please, do your part to at least ACT like you're interested. I warned you early on that this is a nerdy course. That does not excuse you. The fact that you remained in the course should say you enjoy such nerdy things.
Wonder why I haven't thrown any bones lately? (That is, participation credit activities?) Because I've already well gauged that component. BTW, for many of you attendance has been horrible. And there is a bit too much playing with the cell phones. If I must remind you, cell phone use in class is prohibited. I do find it very insulting when you play with your cell phones in class. I also can conclude that when you play with your cell phone in class you are NOT engaged in "participation" and I can and will hold that against you.
The semester is almost over people, but there is still much to discuss. I'm going to finish strong whether you do or not.
I felt something had to be said. So I said it.
My two cents.
Jack

<< Home