Missed class
I'm sorry I was unable to attend class without giving you notice. (I had a mishap at the clinic this morning and was unable to make it to campus in time.)
Watch for the final exam problems to be posted on the I-drive sometime Friday afternoon, evening, or Saturday. I will post a message on this blog when the problems have been placed on the I-drive.
On Monday we can discuss any general questions you have concerning the test problems.
I'm sorry if you dragged yourself out of bed for no reason. As you know I like to notify you in advance if I'm going to miss a class. It just wasn't possible today.
I appreciate your tolerance of my chemo treatment ordeals over the semester. Unfortunately having a schedule requiring me to teach everyday, its hard to schedule physician and treatment appointments without some opportunity class. You've been very kind handling it all and I strongly feel we've gotten through more than the "core" of an international finance course.
One tangential statement if I may: Many schools do not offer separate courses in international trade and international finance, rather combining the two into a course called "international economics". To the benefit of students of international business and economics, I am very happy that the economics curriculum at IUP offers separate courses in trade and finance. It allows people to choose to meet their academic goals or take both to solidify their credentials in the study of international economics. I am the first to admit that international finance is probably one of the nerdiest courses offered at this university. I think it is to your benefit that you chose to study something few people in this world have any clue about. (Just play this thought experiment: what do you think the proportion of people in this world or this country go on to college? Of those, how many take a course in international finance? Now consider the fraction of people in this world right now who have had a course in international finance. You should come up with some pretty small numbers. Not to sound elitist, but you really know more than the average Jill/Joe. A pat on the back to you all.
Good luck studying for finals. And YES, Monday is a class day.
Watch for the final exam problems to be posted on the I-drive sometime Friday afternoon, evening, or Saturday. I will post a message on this blog when the problems have been placed on the I-drive.
On Monday we can discuss any general questions you have concerning the test problems.
I'm sorry if you dragged yourself out of bed for no reason. As you know I like to notify you in advance if I'm going to miss a class. It just wasn't possible today.
I appreciate your tolerance of my chemo treatment ordeals over the semester. Unfortunately having a schedule requiring me to teach everyday, its hard to schedule physician and treatment appointments without some opportunity class. You've been very kind handling it all and I strongly feel we've gotten through more than the "core" of an international finance course.
One tangential statement if I may: Many schools do not offer separate courses in international trade and international finance, rather combining the two into a course called "international economics". To the benefit of students of international business and economics, I am very happy that the economics curriculum at IUP offers separate courses in trade and finance. It allows people to choose to meet their academic goals or take both to solidify their credentials in the study of international economics. I am the first to admit that international finance is probably one of the nerdiest courses offered at this university. I think it is to your benefit that you chose to study something few people in this world have any clue about. (Just play this thought experiment: what do you think the proportion of people in this world or this country go on to college? Of those, how many take a course in international finance? Now consider the fraction of people in this world right now who have had a course in international finance. You should come up with some pretty small numbers. Not to sound elitist, but you really know more than the average Jill/Joe. A pat on the back to you all.
Good luck studying for finals. And YES, Monday is a class day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home